Monday – Thursday I wake up, shower, get dressed, hop in the car and go to work in a “meh” mood. But on Friday’s I wake up, go through the routine, and smile the whole way to work knowing that after 8 hours I have 2 whole days to play outside, sleep in, etc. It’s seriously one of my favorite days.
Friday’s tend to be our date night where we indulge in greasy burgers, fries, and beer. So we re-named Friday, FRY-DAY! Catchy right?! 😉 Lately there’s been a snag in our date night plans…. I’m trying to fit into a wedding dress. Fries are out of the question for a while and you guessed it, I’ve got a solution for my fry dilemma. GREEN BEAN (BAKED) FRIES!!!!! I love these crunchy little things and they go well dipped in almost anything.
Grocery List: $5-$10
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 Pound Green Beans (this batch I used about 1/2 pound)
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs (I use an Italian blend)
- 1/2 Cup Panko
- Optional dipping sauces: Ranch, BBQ, Ketchup, Mustard
- Preheat your oven to 425 degress
- Trim & rinse your green beans, set aside to dry
- In a shallow dish, beat 1 egg & 2 tbsp. EVOO, add green beans to soak
- In a large zip lock bag, add flour, bread crumbs, & panko, add egg soaked green beans
- Zip up the bag and shake the crap out of those beans until well coated, set aside
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and drizzle 1 tbsp. EVOO on foil
- Place those well coated green bean fries onto your cookie sheet and pop in the oven for 15-17 minutes
- Put on broil if you need to crisp them up!