My mom would make this awesome and delicious dish for us growing up. I can’t seem to master her recipe exactly, but here is mine and it’s soooooo yummy! I could legit eat this at least once a week. lol
1 Can Tomato Soup
1 Can Tomato Paste
1 Can Corn
1 Can Black Beans (rinsed and drained)
1 Can Diced Chilis (Use diced jalepenos if you like more of a kick)
1 Packet Enchilada Seasoning
1 LB Ground Hamburger
1 Package Shredded Cheese
1/2 Red Onion (Chopped)
1 Package Small Corn Tortillas
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease an 8×8 cake pan
3. On medium heat,brown hamburger with onion (I use a pot so that I can I can mix everything in one pot)
4. Add tomato soup, tomato paste, corn, black beans, diced chili’s, and enchilada seasoning to pot
5. While mixture is heating, butter one side of corn tortillas (enough to layer the cake pan you are using)
6. Put corn tortillas on bottom of pan (butter side up), layer of mixture, and thin layer of cheese
7. Repeat step 6 until you have reached the top layer (top layer should be tortillas)
8. Cover top layer with cheese
9. Bake on 350 degrees for 1/2 hour
**This is awesome topped with sour cream or guac or both!
More often than not, I am searching for a fast & easy dinner to make. This baked salmon is so easy and is crazy tasty. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
4 Pound Salmon Filet **We get about a 4 pound filet from Costco which feeds 4-5 adults
2 Fresh Lemons
Old Bay Seasoning
Rosemary & Basil Seasoning Salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Line a large baking sheet with foil & drizzle with olive oil
3. Season BOTH sides of salmon filet with Old Bay Seasoning, rosemary & basil seasoning salt, & dill seasoning.
4. Top salmon with lemon slices and a few butter slices (this helps keep the salmon extra moist while baking)
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until flaky
This Christmas Tree Cheese Board is super easy to make and fun to look at (and then eat)!
3 Types of Cheese; 2 of each kind **I used Colby Jack, Pepper Jack, and Mozzarella
1 Package of Green Grapes
1 Package of Red Grapes
1 Star for the Topper **Edible or not
1 Box of Star or Snowflake Crackers **I used Ritz Snowflake Crackers
1. Rinse off grapes and thoroughly dry
2. Cut Cheese into cubes
3. Cut out base of Tree
4. Start Layering – there isn’t a specific science to this. You just want each layer or every other layer (depending on how big you are making it) to become smaller in size to give the illusion of a tree.
5. Place Star on top of tree
**Optional – place crackers around dish or serve separately.
If you are in need of some comfort food, this chicken pot pie soup is exactly what you should make!
As always, I browse a few recipes and take a little bit of what I like from each to make my own unique recipe. I’m really into “simple” and “quick” meals that taste delicious. This one didn’t disappoint and is husband approved!
- 2 Cups Shredded Chicken (Use shredded rotisserie chicken to save cooking time)
- 1 Cup Half & Half
- 2 – 3 Cups Chicken Broth (Use more or less depending on how brothy you want the soup)
- 1 Can Cream of Celery
- 2 Carrots Chopped
- 1/2 Yellow Onion Chopped
- 1 Tsp. Dried Garlic
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 Tsp. Thyme
- 1/2 Tsp. Rosemary
- 1/2 Tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Tsp. Parsley
- 1/2 Tsp. Paprika
- Sprinkle of Cayenne Pepper
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 2 Cups Egg Noodles
**Use more or less of veggies per your specific likes. Also, use fresh garlic if you prefer (I only had dried garlic on hand).
1. In a large pot, heat EVOO and add carrots, onions, garlic until tender (7-8 minutes)
2. Add chicken broth and whisk in half and half – keep temperature on medium heat
3. In a separate pot, bring egg noodles to a boil until al dente – Strain & set aside
4. Add seasonings (thyme, rosemary, Italian, parsley, paprika, cayenne pepper)
5. Add chicken, cream of celery, frozen peas & corn and bring to a boil
6. Once soup is boiling, turn heat down to medium and add cooked egg noodles
7. Add salt and pepper to taste
This s’more dip is insanely addicting and a crowd pleaser every time!
1 Cup Fudge Sauce
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
8 oz Cream Cheese
7 oz Marshmallow Cream
Graham Cracker Sticks (Thin, Vanilla Oreo’s are awesome with this dip!)
Chocolate Chips or Mini Marshmallows for Topping
**Cait’s Way Tip: Make a double batch if it is a large party; it’s unreal how fast this one goes.
1. In a large bowl, blend with a hand mixer the fudge sauce, powdered sugar, vanilla, cream cheese, and marshmallow cream. The consistency should be smooth with no large lumps.
2. Transfer to serving dish.
3. Sprinkle with mini marshmallows or mini chocolate chips. Or if you are feeling really awesome, sprinkle the top with both! If you are making this ahead of time, I suggest waiting until you serve the dip before sprinkling your topping of choice – the marshmallows tend to get soggy sitting in the fridge.