Holy moly, this is an awesome recipe. I had a few construction workers (ok, they were friends) over to patch a few holes in the wall from some renovations and I them promised dinner. I wanted to cook something yummy for them but easy for me. Needless to say, it was a hit!
Grocery List: $10-$20
3 Chicken Tenders
1/2 Cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese (this replaces fattening ricotta cheese)
Fresh Spinach Leaves Chopped
Fresh Garlic Minced (1-2 cloves)
10 Lasagna Noodles – Boiled to Al Dente
1 Bottle of Your Fav Alfredo Sauce (I only use 1/2 bottle to cut down on calories / fat content)
Italian Seasonings to Taste (optional)
Shredded Cheese (optional)
**Preheat oven to 350 degrees**
**Grease Baking Dish**
1. Boil Lasagna Noodles (I add a splash of EVOO to keep noodles from sticking)
2. Pan cook Chicken while noodles are boiling. Add Seasonings while cooking. Once done, shred.
3. In a large bowl, add & mix together egg, cottage cheese, spinach, shredded chicken, garlic, seasonings.
4. Drain noodles and place noodles on a flat surface (for easy rolling).
5. Place mixture at top of noodle and start rolling, tucking the filling in as you roll. Once rolled up place in baking dish.
6. Once all your rolls are in the baking dish, top with Alfredo sauce and sprinkled cheese.
7. Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour or until bubbly.
Oven toasted Quinoa Bread with butter & garlic salt and a yummy spinach salad with fresh peas & sunflower kernels.