I love a good fried rice and I’ve perfected my own! You only need a handful of ingredients to make this incredibly satisfying meal. And an added plus, you can easily adjust the portions to accommodate your family.
1.5 Cups Minute Rice
1 Cup Cubed Ham
2 Medium Eggs
1/2 Cup Frozen Peas
Non Stick Cooking Spray
Salt & Pepper to Taste
Soy Sauce to Taste
**I do not add a lot of soy sauce to the mixture when cooking but rather leave the soy sauce out for each guest to add more if they’d like.
1. Prepare rice according to package and set aside.
2. Spray a medium frying pan with non stick cooking spray (this helps the eggs to be easily turned).
3. Add ham to frying pan and saute. Once the ham is heated, scoot ham to one side of pan and crack two eggs on opposite side of pan (see image below).
4. Let eggs fry for a few minutes to slightly set the yolk, then scramble the eggs with the ham.
5. Add salt & pepper to taste in the ham and egg mixture.
6. Add peas to the pan and add a few dashes of soy sauce – the heat of the pan should thaw the peas very quickly but I always taste a few to ensure they are heated through.
7. Add rice to a dish of your choosing and pour ham/egg/pea mixture on top.