As both my boyfriend and I work a lot, I really love easy dinners. Like I’ve said before, I troll Pinterest and Google Search for inspiration. This time my inspiration let me to make a Pesto Chicken Roll Up. Hope you Enjoy!
Grocery List: $15-$20
Chicken Breasts (I used about 3 for this recipe)
Pesto Sauce (I bought jarred pesto from our local grocery store)
Roasted Red Peppers (I bought jarred pesto from our local grocery store)
Spinach (I just had this in my fridge and threw it into the mix)
Mozzarella Cheese (I had string cheese handy… I told you I was on a budget!)
Italian Seasonings or Italian breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Spray your cooking dish with a non stick cooking spray
3. Place chicken breasts in heavy duty large plastic bag and pound with meat mallet until flat
4. Spread pesto on chicken breasts
5. Top with peppers, spinach, and cheese.
Tip: I cut the string cheese long ways a few times so that it will melt easier
6. Roll your chicken up and place in dish
Tip: As you are rolling up your chicken continue to tuck in the toppings so they are snug in the chicken
7. Sprinkle Italian Seasoning or Bread Crumbs on top of chicken
8. Drizzle with olive oil
9. Bake for 45 minutes (give or take)
Tip: Depending on your chicken, oven, etc.. keep an eye on the chicken. You don’t want it to get dry so if you see it’s done, take it out. Also drizzling a little olive oil throughout baking may help it stay moist.