Literally, the easiest treat I’ve ever made: Peppermint Bark
Grocery List $5-$10
Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
White Chocolate Baking Chips
Candy Canes or Peppermints (I used candy canes as I didn’t want to unwrap a bunch of peppermints)
1. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper
2. Unwrap candy canes (or peppermints) and place in a durable zip lock bag – smash with a rolling pin, hammer, or meat tenderizer. I left a few chunks big but mostly you want the candy canes fully smashed. **If you are having a bad day, this project might help you feel better. 😉
1. Heat up Dark Chocolate Baking Chips in a microwaveable bowl. **Microwave until you can stir at a smooth consistency
2. Pour & Smooth dark chocolate into the baking dish – make sure to spread until smooth
3. Heat up White Chocolate Baking Chips in a microwaveable bowl. **Microwave until you can stir at a smooth consistency
4. Pour & smooth white chocolate on top of dark chocolate – make sure to spread until smooth
TIP: Try to make both dark chocolate & white chocolate the same width
5. Sprinkle smashed up peppermints all over the top of the white chocolate
6. Refrigerate for 1.5-2 hours.
7. Once completely hardened you can slice up or break into pieces and serve.