I am not prejudice about my potatoes. I like red, yellow, brown, big, small, fried, baked… you get the point. But when I’m in a hurry and need a quick side dish, these win! Perfect for a quick dinner side dish or a non traditional BBQ side dish.
This time around I used baby reds, but you can truly use any type of potato you prefer.
Grocery List: $5-$10
- 3-4 baby red potatoes (serves 3)
- Cooking Spray
- Spices (Italian, Onion, Garlic, whatever floats your boat)
- Chives to garnish
- Optional garnishments: sour cream, cheese, bacon, bacon bits
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Wash and scrub your potatoes – I keep the skin on mine so I scrub good
- Cube your potatoes. Here’s an awesome tutorial
- Spray a shallow sheet pan with PAM or other cooking spray
- Place potatoes on sheet pan and sprinkle your choice of seasonings on top
- Try something with bold flavors such as garlic Italian or onion and garlic seasoning. You can also buy pre-made roasted potato seasonings.
- Drizzle EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) on top and use your hands to coat seasoning and EVOO on all of the potatoes.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until soft