Summer in 2020 was weird. We didn’t host big parties or go to outdoor concerts. There was no dinning at restaurants or going to water parks. But we did spend a lot of time together and we did A LOT of grilling!
I don’t know what the heck, but this year I’ve been obsessed with everything pineapple. Pineapple rum, pineapple pizza, and my most favorite, pineapple chicken skewers. These are so easy to put together and only require a few ingredients. If you try these out, let me know what you think.
2-3 Chicken Breasts, Cubed
2 Green Bell Peppers, Cut into 1 Inch Pieces
1/2 Red Onion, Cut into 1 Inch Pieces
1 Can Cubed Pineapple
1 Cup Sweet BBQ Sauce
1/2 Cup Pineapple Juice (I use juice from canned pineapple)
1 Tsp. Seasoning Salt
4-6 Metal Skewers
**Optional: Variety of other veggies. I love to add halved mushrooms
1. Cube chicken breasts and marinate in seasoning salt & half cup BBQ sauce
2. Cut bell pepper & red onion into about 1 inch pieces
3. Mix remaining BBQ sauce and pineapple juice together and set aside (this will be used to marinate skewers as they grill)
4. Assemble skewers with chicken and veggies (you can literally put these in any order you prefer – they will taste delicious anyway you assemble)
5. Heat grill and add skewers
6. Cook skewers until chicken is no longer pink and veggies are tender
**Tips: Try to cut chicken & veggies into uniform sizes. The chicken can easily dry out, brush on the BBQ/pineapple mixture onto skewers to keep meat moist. I love my veggies a little charred but keep a close eye on your skewers as to not burn them.