My first attempt at Cauliflower Mash and it was actually really freakin’ good! I read a lot of different recipes but when it came down to it, I just used the same ingredients I would have in mashed potatoes. One thing I would do differently next time is let the cauliflower sit in a strainer over a bowl just to get all the extra water out. Other than that, this cauliflower mash was amazing.
- 1 Medium Head of Cauliflower
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- Pinch of Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- I use a garlic salt to add more flavor
- Separate the cauliflower into florets and chop core finely
- Put cauliflower into a pot, cover with water & boil for about 15 minutes or until cauliflower is very tender.
- Once cauliflower is done, put to the side in a strainer (over a bowl) to get all excess water out.
- In a separate bowl, add milk & cheese
- Add cauliflower, mash generously
- Add Salt & pepper to taste
- Actually taste your mash to see if it needs more butter, cheese, S&P before serving it
- Paired mine with a yummy steak topped with mushrooms & onions. Together this made for a healthy and scrumptious dinner.